Help us Put our Mission into Action
St. Louis Teachers’ Recycle Center (SLTRC) has been serving St. Louis teachers and students and keeping usable materials out of landfills since 1993.
Your support and donations help us put our mission into action by:
- Traveling to schools, childcare centers, and other venues to deliver developmentally-appropriate workshops allowing children to explore and reflect on the creative process through experiential art;
- Asserting the well-researched but little known importance of creative process over product, guided experience over result, and experience of potential versus conformity in the childhood expression of art;
- Providing training and other development services, locally and nationally, for teachers, parents, child care providers, artists, youth of all ages, and the community at large, in the creative use of discarded resources for teaching, learning, and experiencing art, science, language, and math;
- Operating, supporting, and promoting use of the Reusable Resources Centers in St. Louis, for the collection and distribution of the materials used in motivating creative learning.
- Inspiring and assisting businesses, locally and nationally, in the disposal of unwanted materials in an environmentally-responsible manner.
Help us put our mission into action by making a donation today!
- VanGO helps us to provide community outreach and workshops to schools, libraries, community events, and organizations.
- We use VanGO to deliver materials to our PODS so teachers don’t have to plan a time to make a special trip to one of our Centers.
- We pick up materials to assist businesses in disposing of unwanted items to be repurposed, keeping creative materials out of the landfill!
- We take VanGO to community events like Recycling Extravaganza, Earth Day, Chesterfield Earth Day, Girl/Boy Scout Camp, Affton Days, and Lemay Family Picnic.
- We travel to help affiliates with St. Louis Teachers’ Recycle Centers.
Sponsoring VanGO will get your name on the van, get your name listed on our website and Facebook, as well as, on all promotional materials and press releases.
$10,000 x 4
70% of funds raised
- Our people are vital to our organization!
- Energetic talent is needed for enhanced hours for our Centers.
- Competitive salaries help keep our Centers open for hours that meet the challenging needs of teachers.
- Competitive salaries help provide training to teachers and open-ended art/play experiences for kids.
- Competitive salaries help provide summer camp outreach for kids like at the St. Louis Public Library [link to website]
- Competitive salaries for an Executive Director, Center Directors, Community Outreach, Warehouse Assistant, Development Director, and Educator / Presenter / Trainer Consultants help provide sustainability for the organization. Please ask us for full job descriptions to learn more about this need!
Sponsoring our talent will get you listed on our website and Facebook and on all promotional materials and press releases.
$7,500 x 10
90% of funds raised
- We have moved 17 times in 25 years and need a place to call home!
- Rent helps provide sustainability and stability for the organization.
- Our ideal location is a permanent home in the South County area. Funding would support research and development to find the best location.
- Rent helps us provide very low service fees for educators.
Sponsoring location stability will get your name presented in/on the location, get your name listed on our website and Facebook, as well as, on all promotional materials and press releases.
$5,000 x 12
50% of funds raised
- Our organization has on-going daily needs that we must meet to allow us to keep the doors open.
- Expenses include insurance, utilities, internet, and gas for VanGO.
- This allows us to keep the lights on, promote our organization online, answer the phones, deliver materials and training to schools and community events, and so much more.
- These expenses aren’t glamorous but they are vital to our organization!
Sponsoring operational expenses will get you listed on our website and Facebook and on all promotional materials and press releases.